Sunday 28 July 2019
10am to 4pm
Most events locally are cancelled due to Coronavirus / Covid-19. We will remove this message when government restrictions are lifted, but until then please assume events are not taking place.
Called ‘AESTIVAL’ to conjure up the spirit of Summer, this will be a joint fundraising fair with the Campaign to Protect Rural England and Norfolk Historic Buildings Trust.
The day will be about showcasing the best of Norfolk, as part of #NorfolkDay weekend, as well as celebrating our beautiful natural and built environment.
We will be joined by:
- lots of local artisan food and drink stalls offering wonderful Norfolk fare
- plenty of hot street food, drinks, icecream, waffles and more
- local beers, wines, ciders and gins
- Wildcraft Brewery bar and BBQ for meat-eaters and vegetarians
- Raveningham Tea Room and Marquee with seating indoors and outdoors, serving lunches, snacks and drinks all day
- picnic area near to music
- the fabulous Rattlebox Norfolk Folk Band
- the internationally-renowned Brook Street Band with their fabulous Handel repertoire
- tours of the famous gardens with Sir Nicholas, (who is also President of the RHS) in which he will talk about the history of the gardens and the house
- bring along your antiques and collectables to be valued by the experts from T W Gaze Auctioneers and Valuers, including their Director, the BBC’s Elizabeth Talbot from Flog It!
- quality local businesses, designers and craftspeople
- local environmental, gardening, historical and art charities and societies
- the brilliant Hoxon Hundred Folk Dancers
- Companion dog show with lots of classes and prizes – full programme of classes here.
- Andy’s Mobile Archery will be back as everyone loved it last time
- the gorgeous Nest Project which creates participatory art installations in the grounds using natural found objects
- lots of fun activities such as a Dinosaur egg trail, Splat the Rat, and an old-fashioned coconut shy
- have a go at traditional basket weaving using willow and rush
- ‘Pottage, Poultice and Potpourri’ – meet the History Hildas and discover how the Tudors used their kitchen garden plants
- once again we will have a gorgeous display of vintage and classic cars – no need to book, just turn up on the day – driver gets in free
Plus more ...
Price: Tickets £5 plus fee
Location: Raveningham Estate & Gardens, Raveningham, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 6NS
03/03/2020 to 01/12/2020
Live Music Session - The Fried Pirates
The Shackleton Trio - Sunday Session
Outlaw Half Holkham Triathlon
Tinks & Ball - Live Music Sunday
Dog Show & Family Fun Day
Twelfth Night - Open Air Theatre
Live Music Session - Kevan Taplin
26/07/2020 to 01/08/2020
Wells Carnival 2020
31/07/2020 to 09/08/2020