Friday 9 to Sunday 11 May 2014
See website for dates and times of individual readings and activities.
Rowan Williams, Meg Peacocke, Gillian Beer, Hugh Cecil, Emily Berry, Andrew Motion, Fiona Sampson, David Harsent, Timothy Ades - A lovely atmosphere in which poetry can be shared without some of the pretentiousness that sometimes goes with it!
• Former Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams and M. R. (Meg) Peacocke will read their Poems.
• Emily Berry, Forward Award winner 2013 for best first Collection, will be reading with former Poet Laureate Sir Andrew Motion, who will be focussing on his recent work, “The Customs House”
• Dame Gillian Beer will be giving a talk entitled ‘Dream Touch’– relating to Wuthering Heights, Hardy poems, ‘In Memoriam’, Wilfred Owen and others.
• Elaine Feinstein will read her translations of ‘Maiden of Ice’ by Marina Tsetsaeva alongside Timothy Ades who will be reading his translations TBC
• Ivor Gurney - A film is to be shown; entitled ‘Severn and Somme’ – about his life, music and poetry.
• Dr Hugh Cecil will be talking about Edward J. Thompson, poet of World War 1, a talk entitled “From Basra to the Crusader Coast”
• Pioneers of the newly formed Roehampton Poetry Centre and Prize, Professors Fiona Sampson and David Harsent will be reading together and will also be giving Poetry workshops.
Price: See website for prices.
Location: The Maltings, Staithe Street, Wells-next-the-Sea, North Norfolk Coast, NR23 1AU
Brancaster Mussels in Season
01/10/2017 to 28/02/2018
Flights of Geese
15/10/2017 to 14/02/2018
Beaks and Bills
09/12/2017 to 31/03/2018
15/01/2018 to 21/02/2018
Bridge & Dinner Evening
Senior Citizen Wednesday
Spotlight on the Sea