Friday 9 to Sunday 11 May 2014
See website for dates and times of individual readings and activities.
Most events locally are cancelled due to Coronavirus / Covid-19. We will remove this message when government restrictions are lifted, but until then please assume events are not taking place.
Rowan Williams, Meg Peacocke, Gillian Beer, Hugh Cecil, Emily Berry, Andrew Motion, Fiona Sampson, David Harsent, Timothy Ades - A lovely atmosphere in which poetry can be shared without some of the pretentiousness that sometimes goes with it!
• Former Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams and M. R. (Meg) Peacocke will read their Poems.
• Emily Berry, Forward Award winner 2013 for best first Collection, will be reading with former Poet Laureate Sir Andrew Motion, who will be focussing on his recent work, “The Customs House”
• Dame Gillian Beer will be giving a talk entitled ‘Dream Touch’– relating to Wuthering Heights, Hardy poems, ‘In Memoriam’, Wilfred Owen and others.
• Elaine Feinstein will read her translations of ‘Maiden of Ice’ by Marina Tsetsaeva alongside Timothy Ades who will be reading his translations TBC
• Ivor Gurney - A film is to be shown; entitled ‘Severn and Somme’ – about his life, music and poetry.
• Dr Hugh Cecil will be talking about Edward J. Thompson, poet of World War 1, a talk entitled “From Basra to the Crusader Coast”
• Pioneers of the newly formed Roehampton Poetry Centre and Prize, Professors Fiona Sampson and David Harsent will be reading together and will also be giving Poetry workshops.
Price: See website for prices.
Location: The Maltings, Staithe Street, Wells-next-the-Sea, North Norfolk Coast, NR23 1AU
03/03/2020 to 01/12/2020
Live Music Session - The Fried Pirates
The Shackleton Trio - Sunday Session
Outlaw Half Holkham Triathlon
Tinks & Ball - Live Music Sunday
Dog Show & Family Fun Day
Twelfth Night - Open Air Theatre
Live Music Session - Kevan Taplin
26/07/2020 to 01/08/2020
Wells Carnival 2020
31/07/2020 to 09/08/2020