Friday 9 to Sunday 11 May 2014
See website for dates and times of individual readings and activities.
Rowan Williams, Meg Peacocke, Gillian Beer, Hugh Cecil, Emily Berry, Andrew Motion, Fiona Sampson, David Harsent, Timothy Ades - A lovely atmosphere in which poetry can be shared without some of the pretentiousness that sometimes goes with it!
• Former Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams and M. R. (Meg) Peacocke will read their Poems.
• Emily Berry, Forward Award winner 2013 for best first Collection, will be reading with former Poet Laureate Sir Andrew Motion, who will be focussing on his recent work, “The Customs House”
• Dame Gillian Beer will be giving a talk entitled ‘Dream Touch’– relating to Wuthering Heights, Hardy poems, ‘In Memoriam’, Wilfred Owen and others.
• Elaine Feinstein will read her translations of ‘Maiden of Ice’ by Marina Tsetsaeva alongside Timothy Ades who will be reading his translations TBC
• Ivor Gurney - A film is to be shown; entitled ‘Severn and Somme’ – about his life, music and poetry.
• Dr Hugh Cecil will be talking about Edward J. Thompson, poet of World War 1, a talk entitled “From Basra to the Crusader Coast”
• Pioneers of the newly formed Roehampton Poetry Centre and Prize, Professors Fiona Sampson and David Harsent will be reading together and will also be giving Poetry workshops.
Price: See website for prices.
Location: The Maltings, Staithe Street, Wells-next-the-Sea, North Norfolk Coast, NR23 1AU
Brancaster Mussels in Season
01/10/2018 to 28/02/2019
Flights of Geese
15/10/2018 to 14/02/2019
Bacton Keswick Beach Clean
Norfolk Symphony Orchestra
Day Out at Fakenham Races
Fakenham Farmers’ Market
Mamma Mia : Here we go again!
Mundesley Beach Clean
26/01/2019 to 03/03/2019
Bernard Hoskin - Sunday Session